It seems apt that it's today. Today I am off to BritMums Live, with a ticket a won from a giveaway on Domestic Goddesque's blog.
Yep, a random chain of events made possible through this blog.
In the last year I have learned a lot about blogging, I thought about writing it here, but then Love All Blogs posted on this topic and Rebecca from Here Come the Girls says it all, in a nutshell.
What have been my top things:
- Cybher- my first blogging conference, completely out of my comfort zone, and it was well worth it. To meet Anthea from Blue Bear Wood made the experience.
- This post is probably my favourite- because it's where the blog can take you. I constantly forget to appreciate the positive, whilst harping on about this error every day at work. This post and the responses made me realise it's these posts the blog is perfect for capturing.
- Moving to .com Admittedly I didn't take the plunge and go self hosted- I was convinced by Nicki at Typecast after listening to her at Cybher that Blogger is a great platform to meet the needs of my blog, and I still get to be a .com.
- Learning to love it. It's easy to get overly involved in everything but like every thing in life there's a balance. I'm learning about the best things about the blog and hopefully in the next year the other bits will slowly reduce.
- Capturing my family. I love looking back at the photos, I especially love the 366 project with The Boy and Me which means I've managed to keep a photo diary of our lives.
- All the other blogs I have made part of my life, the list is long, and can be found at this link. But especially love blogs from other mums of multiples- Multiple Mummy, Trouble Doubled, Mummy from the Heart, Mari's World... and again the list goes so much further.
- The reviews- we have been introduced to some great products through the opportunity to do reviews. And, on this note...
I've been very fortunate to review some great products, one of the most recent was the review of Flexibath Bath Toys from White Step. My three love them and for me bathtime is one of the best parts of the daily routine.
So, for the first of two 'Blogversary' giveaways, White Step have offered a bath toys set to a lucky reader to make bath times fun everywhere! All you have to do is follow the instructions below: