And yes, maybe the tv comes in useful as a distraction.
When the children are grouchy and/ or not in the mood for much.
When I need to make a call, or sort some housework.
And, sometimes it's easy to grow tired of regular programmes.
So, I was intrigued when Squeaks sarted singing "Olly the little white van..." practically on a loop.
And it turns out it's something which all three children are now obsessed with.
Squeaks was over the moon when Olly's DVD arrived for her and the boys to review.
As a fan of Justin Fletcher, I wonder if that's what drew Squeaks in, but between all three they love all the vehicles and all of Olly's friends.
I like the fact episodes are short, around five minutes, which means it's enough time to get a few chores done, but not too much tv and does keep the attention span of the boys at two years old.
I also like the fact the episodes focus on friendship, at a time when all three are establishing their personalities and boundaries, it's great to have messages reinforced.
And, I;m really excited that there will be books to accompany the dvd out soon- sticker books will be great for Squeaks, chunky books would suit the boys.
The DVD currently retails for £7.99 at a range of retailers including Sainsbury's.
But you could win a copy by following the simple Rafflecopter entry below:
1. This competition is open to residents of the UK, except for those associated with the company, their families or anyone else associated with this competition.
2. All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions.
3. All entries must be received by the advertised closing time date.
4. One entrant shall win a Olly the Little White Van DVD.
5. The winner may be required to take part in publicity.
6. All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives. The prize is subject to availability.
7. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter, and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
8.Johnson Babies is responsible for the first part of the promotion, which is the publication and adjudication of the competition. All other facilities connected with the provision of the prize are the responsibility of the Promoter.
9. English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.
Disclaimer: I received a copy of the dvd for the purposes of this review. All opinions expressed are my own.